HOW TO MAINTAIN AN ABOVE GROUND POOL:
- Run the pool filter everyday, for 12-18 hours daily.
- Water level should be around mid-skimmer; not too high, not too low.
- Test pH level, should be between 7.4-7.6.
- Test chlorine level, should be between 2.0-4.0 ppm.
- Empty skimmer and pump baskets, as needed.
Keeping this in consideration, do I add chlorine everyday?
Chlorine sanitizer should not be put in your hot tub every day. Instead, it should be added 2-3 times per week depending on the frequency the tub gets used. Then about ¼ cup of chlorine shock should be added every 7-10 days. The amount of sanitizer to add depends on where the chlorine levels read on a test strip.
Likewise, how often should I put chlorine tablets in my pool?
Add one tablet for every 5,000 gallons of water and always round up. For example, if your pool has 21,000 gallons of water, add five tablets per week. If it has 8,000 gallons, use two tablets.
How often does a pool need chemicals?
Therefore, you should be testing your pool water’s chlorine and pH levels every two weeks. Maintaining proper water chemistry will reduce the amount of work needed when you’re ready to start swimming again.
7 Steps to Balance Pool Water
- Test and Adjust Total Alkalinity. Total Alkalinity (TA) is the first thing you should balance in your pool water. …
- Test and Adjust pH. …
- Measure and Adjust Calcium Hardness. …
- Add Sanitizer to Your Water. …
- Check and Adjust Cyanuric Acid. …
- Shock Your Swimming Pool.
Chemicals Needed for Pool Start Ups
- Stain & Scale Preventer.
- Granular Shock Chlorine.
- Chlorine Tablets.
- pH Increaser and/or pH Decreaser.
- Alkalinity and/or Calcium Increaser.
- Cyanuric Acid (Stabilizer)
- Algaecide and Clarifiers if needed.
- Complete Test Kit or Test Strips.
Add chlorinating tablets or granules weekly to maintain a clean and clear pool. For salt pools, add high purity pool salt as well as chlorine products. Always maintain 1 – 4 PPM of Free Chlorine.
The most important thing you can do on a regular basis is to pool. This should be done at least once a week, ideally twice. However, if you don’t have a lot of debris, such as leaves, bugs, etc. or if you have a screened in pool, once a week should be sufficient.